Friday, June 1, 2012

Anime North 2012: Friday

Anime North this year was held on May 25th to the 27th. I only attended the Friday and Sunday event dates, but nonetheless, here is my share of the Anime North experience.

Let us start with friday.

ze entrance
Zhe entrance to registration

ze party stage
Zhe Atomic Lollipop music stage next to zhe entrance


My friends and I arrived at the Toronto Congress Centre (TCC) around 2:30 PM on Friday. We figured the line wouldn't be very long, but we were wrong. The line up for registration and pre-registered ticket pick-up already covered much of the front parking lot. I forgot how we arrived at 11 AM on Friday the year before and vowed to always arrive early.

I took about two hours for my friends to get their tickets. I had to wait for them outside of the building since I wasn't planning on registering this year. After getting their tickets, we went to grab lunch at Subway's.

When we finished eating, we split into two groups: one went to the 5 PM Digimon panel and the second group loafed around the grass area. In the grass area was a mushroom.

mushroom
mushroom~

Across the mushroom was Poison Ivy, relaxing in the shade, waiting for Batman or Robin to pass by.


A South Park group made their way onto the grass and right when they spotted Cartman, I asked them for a picture.



Sitting in the shade on the grassy area doing nothing but trying to come up with topics to talk about with Livia gave me the idea of taking stalker images of people walking by. If you find a picture of you in the following pictures and would like me to remove them, leave a comment at the end of this post. :)


Tiger and Bunny walking West.


Eyeshield 21 boys.


I pokémon snapped a Bulbasaur. Fabulous!


My first thought: "reverse KKK? No way." Does anyone know who they're cosplaying?
Looks like they're from Baka no Test. Thanks, Anon.



Ice-cream trucks just waiting to lure people. Soon.


Supernatural's Cas


Kamen rider!


Dragon Kid and Blue Rose from Tiger and Bunny


Happy Wolverine


The back side of two fabulous cosplays.


Pikmin! Not life-sized, but giant!


Last, but not least, a Puella Madoka Magica group.


And now for the Anime North Friday story of... Ricky.


Ricky playing his guitar


Livia and I sat down a grassy area after chatting with our friend Misha. After taking a few photos, she wanted to play cards. She noticed a boy playing his guitar and got me to ask him to play cards with us. Turns out he didn't have a pass and was waiting for his friends who were in the TCC. We hung out with him for a few hours until 7 PM where he left to reunite with his dearly beloveds. Hope we didn't made you feel awkward with those chats about harems, farts, and adoption, Ricky!

Friday felt too short. I would have liked to stay a longer, but a 2 hour ride back home and a good night sleep called.

To be continued in 'Anime North 2012: Sunday'.

2 comments:

  1. I would suspect they are cosplaying as that group from Baka to Test. But I'm not 100% sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just searched on Google images. Looks like you're right. Thanks, Anon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...